Sunday, July 3, 2011

Started over...again

So I am starting over for the fourth time. After one hundred plus pages, I find my characters stuck. I don't like where they are or who they have become. I've decided to start again, this time with a more clear vision of who I want Josie to be.

I don't want her to be a vapid, love-struck teenage girl. I don't want her to be some ass-kicking, sarcastic, angst ridden teenage girl either. I do want her to be a teenage girl though. And for me a teenage girl is made up of some sarcasm, fear, courage, tenacity, anger, love, narcissism, and indecision. That's a lot of stuff to cram into her personality, but I think if I can do it, she will be normal.

Hopefully now that I am on my fourth draft of my book, I can get it finished and edit it. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment