Monday, July 4, 2011

Challenge Poem

Okay so I took on a challenge poem. Basically that means you have to write a poem with stipulations or guidelines. Here are the stipulations:

4 stanzas with 4 lines in each stanza
no more than 12 syllables, but at least 8 syllables
include an unusual shade of blue, brief reference to a Biblical or mythological character, and have either extreme hot or cold.

Here is my poem.

Ice Statues

Like Cain, I am cursed to wander, searching
for escape from this medium between two
worlds. Slowly, shifting glaciers slightly
altering scenery make it possible

to decide where I'm going. Even though I know
that first I must release this lightly
fading vortex of thoughts, which make capable
hypothermia to set in, thickening

burgundy blood. My heart beats slowly.
Breath reveals itself in the air. Wind is able
to numb my nose, while summoning
and sucking out the memories of you

and others I've known. I become unable
to move under an aquamarine sky. Sinking
deeper into the harsh translucent snow,
as if my past is freezing indefinitely.

No comments:

Post a Comment